Monday, April 2, 2012

A new lease on life?

I was complimented tonight, at least I think it was a compliment. I was told that I look more relaxed, more chill. I said, "I'm a different person aren't I?" She said she didn't want to quite put it that way, but that yes, I am. It is such an amazing feeling being done with school, having accomplished something, that for me and mine, is a big deal. I am a college graduate, with a BACHELORS degree! I may not have a grand career to show it yet and I may never have a "grand career" at all, but I have accomplished something that neither of my parents or any of my siblings or cousins have and it feels so wonderful to be done with it! I admit, I was a stressed out, frustrated, and scared woman, especially there at the end and REALLY during the holiday (as you may be able to tell from my Valentine's post). Working and doing school is not easy, especially in a flower shop during the Valentine holiday. I don't know how single mothers do it, so kudos to those ladies! You're my heroes! So, what is next? Admittedly, I am enjoying this relaxation state, but I am also updating my resume and searching for job opportunities that will further my skill set and improve my financial independence. I call it a "big girl job". I am ready to get out on my own, yeah, I know I am technically out on my own, but I want to try for my own apartment, no roommate. I am a woman now, not a 20 something college student. I want a little space of my own that I can't complain about someone else messing up or not doing their part to keep it clean. At least for a little while, you know, before I get married. Again. This time for good, I hope. And I may have a prospect or two. (Thank you LDS internet dating site, haha.) So, look out world, Selina is ready to take you on and conquer your next challenge. At least I think I am. No, I am. Really! (It is time for some real world confidence, that's what gets the job done!)

No comments:

Post a Comment